Sunday, February 9, 2020

Online Class!

We are well settled in Guanajuato, Mexico. I have acquired a fast internet connection and have devised a working plan for teaching On-Camera One remotely. Starting February 24th.

Because this format of OC I is a first, I am reducing the cost greatly and allowing anybody to drop out if they decide they are not satisfied with what I am offering (however, I will provide a refund only for the classes that have not been attended). I will try to clarify the structure of the class here, but please call or text if you have any questions. I want everybody to know as much about what they are getting into as they can, and I want to ensure that it is a satisfying experience for all!

We will be using Zoom to hold full class meetings and one-on-ones (one of the advantages for you all is that we will have more one-on-one time than in a typical class). So, one of the first things you will need to do is get a Zoom account, which is free. We will have a “dry run” of the class to make sure that you are all hooked up satisfactorily with Zoom. I will designate that dry run time and date later, but it will likely be the night before the first class. You should be able to join us on your computer or your smart phone, but I will prefer for the first class that you are using a computer. We will seek to partner up and hopefully be able to get together with your partner once in the week. Naturally, if you are unable to meet in person (for example, if you are not in Portland), Skype or Zoom or another video option will be acceptable. If the classroom time diminishes, we will pick that up with one-on-ones with me, time I spend giving feedback and with partner working time. For the first class, expect the full three hour session. But from then on, I would guess two hours is more likely.

If you know someone that you would like to partner up with who might be interested in OC I, you might encourage them to join the class. In case there is an odd person out, we will look for a creative solution. One possibility is that I would partner up with that person. I also have friends locally in Portland who I know would be glad to help out with that.

I am also thinking of opening up the studio times to you all for rehearsal and filming scenes. Some of the logistics - like this last one - we will be figuring out as we go, but I will make sure that your training is not compromised. In some ways your learning may actually be enhanced by this format!

Once you sign up for the class, I will get you a list of things you need to prepare, including reading material and some rigging for your phone.

Again, this is my first time teaching in this format, so please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Let me know if anything is not clear to you!

**On Camera Acting I (via Zoom)
7 weeks
Limited to 8 Actors
Dates: February 24th - April 6th
Time: Mondays 6:30pm - 9:30pm
The total cost is $215.

Beginning with improv and easing into scripted scene work, this is a relaxed,
fun approach to getting comfortable in front of the camera.
The objective of the class is to establish the foundations of a process that emphasizes
simply listening and talking - being "in your skin" - as opposed to in your head.
This is a great transitional class for theatre actors and an excellent foundational class for brand new actors.

A 215 dollar payment registers you fully (Where there is need, we can work out a payment plan).
Venmo and Paypal work. Venmo (free) via: 323-819-9622.
Paypal address: twrooney@pacbell.net (Choose Friends or Family to avoid surcharge).
To register or for questions contact me at: rooneyacting@gmail.com

Ted Rooney On Camera Acting Classes
(Class Location - NOT mailing address)
Rooney / Totman Studio
305 SE 3rd Ave 4th Floor
Portland, OR 97213

No comments:

Post a Comment